Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we accept day visitors outside of holidays and busy weekends.
Please call reception to see if we are taking day visitors on the day. Upon arrival at the park, visit reception to sign a registration form, pay the $10 per person fee and receive your day visitor wrist bands.
We also do Waterpark Parties on certain weekends in 2 timeslots: 10am-1pm & 2pm-5pm.
Yes! We have a number of pet-friendly cabins and sites.
For the cabins there are 3 x Banksia cabins, 4 x Figtree cabins and 3 x Casuarina cabins that have been set aside for families travelling with a pet.
We also have a dog wash and an off leash dog play area. Dogs love it here!!
If you are interested in bringing your dog with you, please check out our page on travelling with dogs and chat to our friendly staff before making your booking.
BIG4 Saltwater is located on the Clarence River at Palmers Island, just 10 minutes out of Yamba.
Your confirmation letter shows your 2 methods of paying your balance.
CREDIT CARD: Click on the link in your letter to pay via credit card online. We accept Visa, Mastercard and AMEX. Please note, a transaction fee applies where a credit card is used (between 1.0 – 1.8% depending on the card).
BPAY: Your confirmation letter will outline BPAY details for your booking. For large Christmas bookings for example, we recommend that you setup a monthly BPAY debit from your account to avoid the pre-Christmas lump sum. Minimum instalments of $100 is required.
Payment plans can also be arranged. Please contact us to discuss payment plan options.
In order to offer guests flexibility, we have a number of stay types/rates to choose from through the year based on payment and cancellation terms. Please check the terms of your booking stay type prior to booking. Your selected booking stay type is listed online, and on your tentative or confirmation email.
For all bookings:
Deposit: A deposit of 2 night’s stay is required at the time of booking.
Balance: The total balance is due on the date stated prior to arrival.
Cancellations: Cancel by 9am, on the required date prior to arrival and receive a full refund (less admin fee and credit card transaction fees). This includes amendments or reductions to your booking dates or guests. If less than the required notice is provided, a refund or credit note will only be provided if the site or cabin is resold for the entire period of the booking.
An administration fee of $30.00 is applicable for all cancellations, reductions, transfers, date changes and credit notes if applicable.
Date changes: Date changes are permitted up to required date prior to arrival (matching the cancellation policy ie 4 days prior or 60 days prior), subject to availability and applicable rate changes.
Discounts: Unless otherwise stated, additional discounts such as the BIG4 discount do not apply to any special rates or deals.
See additional terms below for Stay NSW and Parent NSW vouchers.
FOR ALL CANCELLATIONS:
All cancellation requests must be made in writing to the park. Please email [email protected] with your booking number and the reason for the cancellation. The request will be reviewed and actioned in accordance with our cancellation policy.
- A reduction in the number of nights or the numbers of guests is classified as a cancellation and the same policy applies.
- If you are asked to leave the park for any reason, you will not be refunded the remainder of your stay.
- Please note BIG4 Saltwater @ Yamba does not refund due to a change in weather conditions. Should you decide to leave early due to weather, a refund or credit note is not applicable.
- We recommend that you take out travel insurance to insure yourself against cancellations due to illness, weather, travel interruptions or theft during your holiday.
Your booking confirmation letter will outline a “Booking Stay Type” and associated payment and cancellation policy. Please read these conditions upon receipt of your confirmation letter.
Additional Terms for Stay NSW or Parents NSW vouchers
- Vouchers cannot be refunded, redeemed for cash, a gift voucher, or a credit note.
- Vouchers can be used as deposit or final balance payments. Please note that should you cancel, no refund or credit note of the voucher amount can be issued. This amount will be forfeited.
- Should you wish to change the date for a booking prior to 09.10.22, a change of date will be allowed (provided it meets the cancellation/change of date terms of the booking). The new booking must stay before 09.10.22.
- We can accept vouchers for bookings after 09.10.22, as long as they are redeemed before this time. However, if cancellation occurs for a future booking, the amount is forfeited. No change of date is permitted, no refund or credit note can be provided for the voucher amount.
We allow 1 x caravan or 2 x small tents per site (at Manager’s discretion). Please call to check what is allowed per site to avoid disappointment on arrival.
Yes, great news! We have a fast electric vehicle (EV) charging station within the park. This is located near Casuarina Cabin 1.
- Guests cannot charge their EV at points other than the designated charging station.
- Please see reception to pay in advance to use the charging station. Prices will vary.
Yes, all our cabins have reverse cycle air-conditioning and heating.
Our Kids Club program runs during School Holidays.
Some examples of the activities you may see at Kids Club include arts and crafts, games sessions, face painting, sand art, plaster painting and dream catcher making. We have larger group activities on offer as well, such as laser skirmish, and kid’s discos.
Our outdoor Galaxy Cinema also screens movies multiple times per week during School Holidays.
We have plenty of room for boats and cars in the park. We limit our sites to one caravan, car & small boat (at Manager’s discretion) per site.
If you have more than one car you can park your additional car in our visitor parking area. Simply ask our friendly reception staff where to park and they will help you with the most appropriate spot.
Check in time is 12pm for sites and 2pm for cabins.
Check out time is 10am for all sites and cabins. These times are NSW times.
Early check-ins and late check-outs are subject to availability. Please enquire with our friendly reception team.